One block off Main Street in a quiet park-like setting with a south facing patio and great mountain views is one of Canmore’s top restaurants. The dress is mountain casual and the atmosphere is warm and inviting with a rustic Canadiana feel. They offer a complex, yet approachable, wine menu where one can order the “barrel tapped” house Cab Sauv. Complementing that is a nice selection of beers and top-shelf cocktails. The well executed menu is full of familiar favourites and ‘favourites to be’ all prepared with great care evident in the quality and presentation – it already has won numerous awards.
Who would think of Brussels Sprouts as a starter? Halved sprouts are deep fried to golden crisp then topped with fresh pea shoots, roasted garlic and a Korean chili paste that offers up a little kick with your greens, this preparation makes it crave-able!
Duck Nuts are an imaginative take on Arancini: risotto balls are stuffed with shredded duck confit and bacon, rolled in a panko crust, deep fried, then nestled on aioli and topped with a tomato jam bonnett.
Try the Ultimate Tavern Burger. In-house ground and massive, this 7.5 ounce patty is done sous vide for precision cooking loaded with all the fixings, but it doesn’t end there! They add double smoked bacon, thick cheddar, grainy mustard and tomato jam on an egg wash bun. We had ours with the house cut foie gras and truffle fries.
The Tacos are a house specialty and well worth the visit. Choose from Chipotle Chicken, Fish and Grilled Vegetable in corn or flour tortillas, topped with avocado, fresh salsa roja, shredded lettuce, home made crema and Valentina hot sauce.
TV’s are strategically placed around the room so you don’t miss the games.
On the sunny days the patio is perfect for dining outdoors or just a casual drink and the scenery never stops.
• Beef ribs,potato salad, grilled corn, served with a South Carolina BBQ sauce
• Nori wrapped panko breaded tuna, chili aioli kale crunch seasoned rice veg ribbond
• Northfork Farms Quebec wild boar, brie, tomato jam, grilled pineapple,marmalade, bacon'aise on an egg-wash bun
• Seasoned cod, house slaw, mango salsa, chili aioli & lime Sriracha hot sauce
• Choose from Pork Belly , Montreal smoked meat and truffle oil,smoked jerk chicken or smoked pork shoulder