— by Bernice Hill
1. Two handfuls grape tomatoes halved
Several sprigs of fresh thyme
salt, pepper, and olive oil
Lay sliced tomatoes cut side up on baking sheet. Sprinkle thyme sprigs, salt, and pepper. Drizzle olive oil over all, bake at 375°F for 20 minutes.
½ Red Onion sliced into thin slivers
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
sea salt to taste
2. Add sliced onion to a bowl and drizzle vinegar over. Add salt and let sit while you prepare the rest of the salad ingredients.
3. 4 European style Bacon rashers cut into matchsticks fried, drained .more salt, pepper, red wine vinegar, and olive oil
½ c. picked flat leaf parsley leaves stems incl. Finely chop stems add to medium bowl. Reserve leaves.
1½ c. pre cooked Beluga Lentils
1½ c. pre cooked White Beans
• Remove finished tomatoes from oven, let rest. Using small amount bacon oil from frying heat the pan again and add the onions and red wine vinegar. Season and cook only until they start to soften. Add lentils, beans, parley stems, and bacon.
• Sauté until all are warmed through, add more red wine vinegar and olive oil, then plate
• Add the tomatoes and parsley, season, Enjoy!