Executive Chef Tim Matsell brings his local roots to the “Table” with quality ingredients, traditional methods and contemporary interpretation. Everything is made in-house from scratch, with ingredients locally sourced as much as possible.
The space is open and inviting and boasts a charcuterie prep station, where you can sit and watch the chefs creating the boards.
With Fried Brussel Sprouts being all the rage, Chef Tim’s inspiration is sweet, savory and one of the best we’ve sampled. Tender sprouts are fried to perfection and tossed with crunchy candied walnuts, dates and a lemon scented ash goat cheese emulsion then finished with a sweet tangy aged balsamic drizzle.
The beer steamed Mussels and Frites are a real crowd pleaser. West coast mussels, a deliciously sweet and nutty meat are steamed in Half Hitch Pale Ale, herbs, leeks and a little butter for richness. Soak up every last drop of this aromatic broth with the house made garlic bread. The accompanying herbed frites makes this meal perfectly balanced and satisfying.
The Pappardelle is supplied fresh by Canmore Pasta Co.and cooked al dente as is the custom. Carmen Creek bison is braised for 24 hours then pulled and tossed with the pappardelle, peas, wild mushrooms and fresh shaved padano. A rich sauce of braising liquid, red wine and truffle makes this dish “to die for.”
Order the Pork Two Ways. This dish really showcases Chef’s brining technique resulting in a much juicier, flavourful meat. Maple glazed belly is brined in brown sugar, rosemary and apple; and the tenderloin is brined and smoked, accompanied with a beautifully light, herbed, goat cheese polenta cake, apple compote, heirloom vegetables and in-house pickled mustard seeds offering a nice crunchy texture.
A large portion of the dishes are gluten free and there a number of vegetarian choices. This is Canadian cuisine at its best.
• Artisan cheese, house preserves, cured & cooked meats, pickled vegetables
• Soy marinated elk, smoked oyster aioli, frisse salad, cured egg yolk, crostini
• House pickled beets, salt roasted beets, goat cheese brulée, arugula pesto, fresh mint, orange cumin vinaigrette
• King crab, manilla clams, mussels, tiger prawns, chef's choice fresh fish, kalamata olive saffron tomato broth, grilled baguette
• AAA Alberta beef bone-in porterhouse served family style, herb mash, truffle parmesan frites, seasonal vegetables, house pickled vegetables, demi glaze
Table Food + Drink
Coast Canmore Hotel
511 Bow Valley Trail
Daily 7 am – 10 pm