This is a full-service Western themed restaurant and saloon named after the famous Banff area cowboy “Wild Bill Peyto.” Featuring live bands, a large dance floor, big screen TVs and majestic mountain views; it’s all about flavour and all about fun!
Entertainment varies from week to week with live music, Karaoke, comedy and variety nights, and don’t forget their infamous mechanical bull! Most nights the bands start at 9:30pm, and the night we visited the floor was packed. Everyone always has a great time!
The menu style is smokehouse BBQ, with a variety of homemade choices from game meats to vegetarian dishes. Each offering has a very unique and tempting flavour– the food is good and the portions hearty.
It’s hard to decide what to order from the extensive menu, for starters try the Fried Pickles, lightly battered yet still crunchy, with chipotle lime mayo for dipping. The Campfire Cheese Dip is another great choice, creamy and smoky with their own in-house smoked gouda, goat cheese, cream cheese and aged cheddar; this dish really gets things going. Served piping hot in a iron skillet as many of the dishes are, served with crunchy cheese crostinis on the side for dipping.
Wild Bill’s Legendary Saloon
201 Banff Ave
Daily 11 am – 2 am
• Crispy tortilla chips with spicy banana peppers, black olives, crisp green onion and loads of gooey cheese, BBQ sour cream and a side of salsa and baked beans
• Lean ground bison, cuminscented blue cheese dressing and crispy bacon topped with lettuce, tomato
• Flaky salmon fillet topped with a sweet and tangy maple BBQ sauce, served with a choice of “fixin’”
• Fall-off-your-horse tender, braised all day and smothered in blueberry Merlot BBQ sauce
• A 10 oz. Canadian AAA streak grilled to order and topped with a token of herb butter, served with a choice of “fixin’”
The Four Cheese Artichoke Dip is another great choice, creamy and smoky with their own in-house smoked Gouda, herbed artichokes, and loads of roasted garlic; this dish really gets things going.
The Elk Burger stands out as not only unique but very satisfying. Lean, not dry, and made from fresh ground elk topped with housesmoked Gouda, grilled red peppers and finished with chipotle lime mayo. Served with your choice of soup, salad or the special beer battered fries.
Next up was the Bill’s Hickory Smoked Brisket, we ordered Bronco Size. Slow cooked for over 15 hours in their in-house smoker, thick slices of tender beef are served with Bill’s BBQ style gravy. The sauce offers a smoky, spicy zing. Just like going to a big ol’ barbeque at Uncle Jack’s. Served with the house slaw, cornbread and your favourite fixin’. What a meal!