• Wine simmered mushroom caps with crab and cream cheese
• Chilled Black Tiger shrimp with a zesty martini cocktail sauce
• With basil pesto and red pepper jelly, served with crostini
• Tenderloin wrapped in Applewood smoked bacon and served with Béarnaise
• With garlic mashed potato and bacon sauteéd Brussels sprouts, finished with demi-glace
There are two Kegs in Banff, one downtown and the other located in the Caribou Hotel. Both locations offer their own unique ambience and share a wonderful combination of seating to accommodate any group. Although steak is the theme, the menu is large and offers plenty of choices to suit most any palate.
The salads are always fresh and crispy. We chose the Keg Caesar. A large bowl of fresh romaine lettuce topped with croutons and slivers of aged parmesan, tossed with the Keg’s special blend of creamy Caesar dressing and served with a lemon wedge to bring out the flavour!
Seafood still being on our mind we chose the King Crab Legs. A full pound of steamed Alaskan king served with hot drawn butter and your choice of starch. We added on the steamed fresh asparagus to complement our meal.
You can’t go wrong with the Keg Classic dinners. Ours was the 12 oz. New York Classic served with a side salad, vegetables and sautéed mushrooms. Tender and juicy, grilled to perfection, nothing compares to a steak grilled just right.
Both locations have popular lounges and we love the “Keg size” drinks. When you’re craving a great meal in a comfortable, casual atmosphere, the Keg is certainly a place to visit!