Executive Chef Tim Matsell brings his local roots to the “Table” with quality ingredients, traditional methods and contemporary interpretation. Everything is made in-house from scratch with ingredients locally sourced as much as possible.
The space is open and inviting and boasts a charcuterie prep station where you can sit and watch the chefs creating the boards.
They offer an enclosed patio, probably the best in all of Canmore as it gets the sun almost all day and way into the evening, where you can enjoy an unparalleled outdoor dining experience.
For starters we opted for the Beet Salad, a colourful dish of pickled and salt roasted beets with brûléed goat cheese. Creamy on the inside, sweet and crunchy on the outside, over a peppery arugula pesto and topped with mint and an orange-cumin vinaigrette; and the Elk Meatballs, stuffed with blue cheese, baked, finished in sweet Saskatoon Berry BBQ sauce then topped with slices of radish and organic watercress. Served on Rice Krispies style puffed wild rice we had fun rolling the meatballs in the puffs and crunching down on some country style goodness.
For the “fish”ianado you must try the fresh seared Icelandic Cod, This fillet was done so superbly tender and flaky that even our non-seafood eating counterpart enjoyed several bites. Served with an Israeli couscous and roasted tomato cream, grilled zuchinni, heirloom veg and topped with house pickled fennel slaw. If you are in the mood for seafood, this is a good catch.
We would be remiss not to sample the Duo of Duck, a very traditional duck pairing of seared and roasted breast with a chocolate Lingon berry gastrique and duck leg confit lentil hash with a red wine demi, sided with fresh heirloom vegetables. This is a dish to remember.
Don’t forget with everything made in house a large portion of the dishes are gluten free and there a number of vegetarian choices. This is Canadian cuisine at its best.
• Artisan cheese, house preserves, cured & cooked meats, pickled vegetables
• Avocado, frisse, compressed cucumber, preserved lemon, tarragon, potato cracker
• Maple braised pork belly, seared scallops, compressed watermelon, watermelon chutney, preserved lemon aioli
• King crab, manilla clams, mussels, tiger prawns, chef’s choice fresh fish, kalamata olive saffron tomato broth, grilled baguette
• AAA Alberta beef bone-in porterhouse, herb mash, truffle frites, seasonal vegetables, house pickled vegetables, demi glaze
Table Food + Drink
Coast Canmore Hotel
511 Bow Valley Trail
M-W 11:30 am – 10 pm
Thu-F 11:30 am – 2 am
Sa 11 am – 2 am
Su 11 am – 11 pm