The world famous Bumpers Beef house can be found in the Rundlestone Lodge and features a décor of rustic elegance in a serene retreat. Highlighting the use of natural stone and wood, combined with modern furnishings such as Synergy wall fireplaces and contemporary comfortable seating, it preserves the romance of nostalgic local Canadiana.
Bumpers Beef House
The Rundlestone Lodge Hotel
537 Banff Ave
Breakfast 6:30-11 am
Dinner 5 pm – close
May vary seasonally
• Half-pound bison patty on Kaiser bun topped with sautéed mushrooms, red onions, tomatoes, crisp lettuce and cheese
• Finger food at its finest! A full rack of delicious baby back ribs basted with their own signature honey BBQ sauce
• Four big, juicy rib bones, flavoured with beer-based Montreal steak sauce and tender beyond description (Limited availability)
• 6 oz. fillet of wild B.C. salmon, oven-baked and served with a generous helping of homemade lemon dill sauce
• Breast of succulent BBQ chicken and half rack of tender baby back ribs
This is one of Banff ’s oldest beef houses serving the classics that made them famous as well as recently adding some new items to tempt your cravings with a focus on freshness and fresh ingredients. There is no better way to showcase this than the all-you-can-eat salad bar featuring a colorful medley of over 25 items to choose from. But leave room for the mains, because the house specialty is Prime Rib of Beef! Slow cooked in their own special ovens at very low temperatures, the prime rib is tender and juicy and nothing less than you would expect from a great beef house. We ordered the Mountain Man cut, but smaller cuts are available. It is no wonder that patrons have been returning for over 25 years!
Another good test of a specialty beef house is the filet mignon and this one does not disappoint. The 8 ounce AAA Alberta “Best of the Best” Beef Tenderloin is grilled to perfection, presented with a nice crust on the outside, tender and juicy on the inside: exactly as it should be. They will only cook it to medium but for optimal flavour and tenderness, medium rare is best.
On the lighter side try the Rocky Mountain Trout. A 6 oz. fillet seasoned with lemon pepper, basil and garlic, oven baked, served with seasonal vegetables and your choice of starch. Light and moist, the elegant flavour held its own to the beef.
After your meal chill out in the comfortable lounge in front of the giant stone fireplace, or sit up at the bar where you can watch the mixologist whip up one of the house specialty cocktails.